Spending money on a website can be a scary thing. The range of costs is so vast, how do you know how much you should be spending on your site? It also doesn't help that many web design companies will just charge you as much as they think they can get away with.
When we ask what your budget is it's not so we know how much we can get away with charging you. There are multiple solutions for most website features and functions, and budget plays a big part in choosing which is your best fit. We're a division of Glerin, a custom web, design, and marketing company. Some clients are best suited for a Ballowax site whereas others are best suited for a Glerin site.
Think of it as building a house: you wouldn't just ask a builder to give you a quote for building a house without considering your budget.
Every house has a floor, but where one house may have linoleum another may have imported ceramic tile. You can walk on either floor, but it would be a waste of your and the builder's time if they researched imported ceramic tiles to present to you if you can barely even afford linoleum.
The house itself could be anything from a mobile home to a custom home. You can live comfortably in either, but your choice will be based on a combination of what you can afford, what you like, and what your priorities are.
Several things to consider that may help in your decision:
- How will you be using your site? Do you just need a brochure-type site with several pages, or do you have more content to include?
- Do you want to make sure that your site is one-of-a-kind, or do you not care as long as it looks good?
- What type of special functionality may be needed? A typical small e-commerce site can be developed by Ballowax, but if it's a larger undertaking or anything that requires custom programming it will be a Glerin project.
- Will you be able to supply all of your content, or do you need help with editing and copywriting, or even coming up with content in the first place?
- Do you want advanced search engine optimization services?
- Think about your target market... What do your competitors' sites look like? If you want to compete effectively against them you need to have a web presence that's at least as good as theirs.
- If you don't know who your target market is, that's a whole different ball game. You have to have a target market and strategic plan before diving in to your website or you're wasting your time and money. If you don't know how to tackle this, Glerin can help.
The great thing about a Ballowax site is that you can spread the cost over a year. If you think you need strategic consulting, though, you'll need head over to Glerin's site to check out the custom services our company offers. If you're interested in getting started with a subscription-based site, you can find out more here.
Whatever route you choose, best of luck with your online marketing!